Friday, July 24, 2009

How Far I've Come

Two weeks and not counting.  I find it so hard to believe that there's only 2 weeks left of project.  When I look at how far I've come in the past 8 weeks, the only thing I can say is that God is amazing.

In sharing my faith, I went from believing evangelism wasn't important 4 months ago, and now I have more evangelism training than 95% of the world's pastors.  I've had 7 conversations in the past 2 weeks that have challenged me beyond my recognition, and I can say that although none of them accepted Christ, we definitely planted a seed.  I can honestly say that I can hold my own now and that I cannot wait to share my faith on campus at Salisbury.  SDSU is cool and all, but I wanna change SU sooooo bad!

I've also encountered Christians coming out of the woodwork at my job, on the beach, at campus, and it's just amazing talking to them.  Their words are very encouraging and it gives me energy to continue my mission out here.

Yesterday, I had a great opportunity to visit the San Diego Zoo.  The world famous one.  Did you know that Pumba from the Lion King was designed after one of the pigs at SDZ?  It's true.  We met the real Pumba.  Be jealous.  We spent almost 8 hours walking around he park, and we still didn't get to see all the animals.  It's just a huge zoo.  We rode the Skyfari, a chairlift that takes you to the top of the hill, and you could see the whole park from there.  So beautiful. 

When I think about all the opportunities I've had with Campus Crusade, all I can think of is wow.  I've been able to visit Washington DC, Panama City, San Diego, places that I've never been, and doing things that I've never done.  Things that challenge me and weird things and cool things and I definitely will not take my time in college for granted.

When I look at how far I've come from before college, all I can say is God is Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment